Title: Application Engineer
Location: Kapolei, HI
We are looking for an Application Engineer to be responsible for technical customer support for the Product Identity business. As part of the Application Engineering team, the Application Engineer will perform technical and commercial feasibility assessments, onsite customer support of R&D and pilot activities, technical program management of commercialization activities, and ongoing production support, as required. The Application Engineer will be expected to act as a technical expert with respect to the fundamentals of TruTag’s product identification solution and a technical generalist to be able to successfully support customers in a wide variety of end-markets.
- Perform R&D activities and other tasks as necessary in a laboratory environment.
- Provide technical customer support throughout various program phases, including from customer acquisition through to ongoing production support.
- Summarize results from customer development trials to highlight issues to senior technical staff and/or management.
- Based on a quantitative analysis of data, provide recommendations for next steps for individual programs.
- Summarize and provide customer feedback for future internal development programs.
- In conjunction with other departments, perform program management duties to align and communicate customer requirements with expected deliverable dates.
- Other related tasks and duties as determined by the Company from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Self-starter with willingness to directly involve themselves in the program development process.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members located in diverse locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical challenges and concepts; ability to precisely document findings.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Desired Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in STEM field (e.g., engineering, sciences, etc.) or a bachelor’s degree in a non-technical field in combination with 5+ years relevant technical experience.
- Experience developing and executing hypothesis- and data-driven experimental plans.
- Hands-on work experience in one or more of the following fields: brand protection/product identity, supply chain management, commercial printing/converting services, pharmaceutical formulations development, consumer packaged goods manufacturing, STEM-related research and development.
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis, and statistics.
- Familiarity with python, C/C++, VBA.
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical or program management customer-facing role.
- Experience supporting international customers.
Travel required: Yes. Occasionally as needed.
Relocation Package: None
TruTag is committed to a safe work environment. All candidates will be assessed for their experience with research laboratory operations and safety precautions. Successful candidates will be required to complete TruTag’s rigorous safety training program and demonstrate understanding of the material presented prior to engaging in manufacturing or development activities.
TruTag has an established environmental, health and safety program that meets or exceeds all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and requirements to which TruTag subscribes, while executing our mission. Our operations are guided by a safety and environmental policy that strives to provide a workplace free of serious, recognized hazards and we comply with these standards issued by OSHA and EPA. Compliance with environmental, health, and safety standards is a key ingredient in the training and performance reviews of all personnel.
Local candidates only. Must be authorized to work in the United States.