Equipment Maintenance Technician
Title: Equipment/Facilities Engineering Technician
Opening Start Date: June 1, 2022
Location: Kapolei, HI
Shift: 1st (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
TruTag Technologies is an emerging technology company rapidly moving to commercialize an optical microtaggant product identification system.
We are looking for an Equipment Maintenance Technician to lead the equipment maintenance effort at TruTag’s Oahu-based manufacturing facility.
- Must have demonstrated experience in electro-mechanical system maintenance and repair.
- Understanding of electromechanical systems, electrical controls, preferably including PLC experience.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and P&ID diagrams.
- Experience troubleshooting a variety of equipment to determine failure mode and make repairs as necessary.
- Experience generating and owning equipment PM schedule.
- Experience installing and maintaining systems/tools with robotics and automation components.
- Experience maintaining facility equipment for maximum operational uptime.
- Ability and willingness to make repairs as needed.
- Familiarity with hazardous waste protocols and regulatory requirements a plus.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision
- Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to “multi-task” while also reassessing priorities on a continual basis.
- Familiarity with silicon wafer process equipment a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with wet-chemical processing stations a plus.
- Responsible for providing the primary technical maintenance expertise for both manual and semi-automated production equipment in a cleanroom environment.
- Maintain and make repairs for process tools and work with process engineers to maintain maximum tool and process uptime.
- Document and communicate issues regarding production equipment operation.
- Maintain knowledge of related manufacturing plant systems.
- Create and maintain efficient PM schedule to maximize equipment uptime.
- Work with Quality Control group to maintain calibration of all test equipment, both in-house and outsourced services.
- Coordinate with tool/process owners for equipment repair and maintenance.
- Coordinate replacement and new equipment parts ordering.
- Manage the Spare Parts inventory for all critical manufacturing systems.
- Engage with the engineering team on design and engineering of tool improvements.
Education / Experience
Associates degree in Science or Technical Studies preferred, or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
3+ years’ experience in equipment maintenance, preferably in a manufacturing environment, or experience in other maintenance roles in regulated industries requiring certification.
Travel required: None
Relocation Package: None
TruTag is committed to a safe work environment. All candidates will be assessed for their experience with research laboratory operations and safety precautions. Successful candidates will be required to complete TruTag’s rigorous safety training program and demonstrate understanding of the material presented prior to engaging in manufacturing activities.
TruTag has an established environmental, health and safety program that meets or exceeds all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and requirements to which TruTag subscribes, while executing our mission. Our operations are guided by a safety and environmental policy that strives to provide a workplace free of serious, recognized hazards and we comply with these standards issued by OSHA and EPA. Compliance with environmental, health, and safety standards is a key ingredient in the training and performance reviews of all personnel.
Local candidates only. Must be authorized to work in the United States.