Title: Purchasing Coordinator
Location: Kapolei, HI
Type: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
We are looking for a Purchasing Coordinator to manage the daily shipping, receiving and inventory operations and coordinate the ordering and order-tracking of materials and consumables for TruTag’s Oahu-based manufacturing facility.
- Supply Chain Operations experience to include ordering, shipping, receiving, packaging, fulfillment
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Skilled in ERP/MRP systems
- Inventory control experience
- Ability to multi-task while also reassessing priorities on a continual basis
- Ability to follow detailed written procedures and complete detailed documentation in a cGMP (pharmaceutical) environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Perform routine administrative office duties such as ordering materials and supplies, interfacing with vendors, shipping, receiving, inventory, filing
- Coordinate the logistics of daily shipping, receiving and fulfillment operations
- Maintain internal distribution and material inventory levels
- Prepare shipments according to TruTag best practices
- Create shipping waybills through UPS, FedEx and DHL systems for outgoing shipments
- Track all outbound shipments to communicate status to staff and customers and address any shipping delays encountered
- Track inbound orders to ensure sufficient inventory is maintained, and escalate delayed orders to resolve potential shortages
- Using ERP system purchase approval process, place orders for materials and consumables
- Identify alternative products for ordering based on staff needs
- Monitor on-hand inventory for accuracy of count and location; work to eliminate inventory through improved materials planning
- Maintain all Materials Management work instructions in a timely and accurate manner and ensure that they reflect correct procedures; comply with procedures outlined in all work instructions
- Ensure all procurement is done in the most cost-effective manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education / Experience / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. Associates degree in business-related field desired.
- 1-5 years’ experience in warehouse setting, distribution, inventory or operational procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written for constant interaction with all departments and employee levels and outside customers.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet and other applicable software
- Must be able to lift and transport 20-pound packages
Travel required: Applicant must have valid Hawaii driver license for local pickup and drop off