Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Emeryville, CA or Kapolei, HI
Title: Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Kapolei, HI or Emeryville, CA
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer to support the Product Identity Solutions Group. The Product Identity Solutions Group provides optical detection systems and solutions to enable the identification of physical goods. The SQA Engineer will be responsible for performing risk assessments of various mobile and non-mobile optical systems, designing test protocols, and executing and validating software and/or system functionality. The SQA Engineer will document results and recommendations relative to initial system requirements, working closely with the instrument development and software development teams.
- Develop and document risk assessments and quality test protocols for optical systems from the review of product specifications, user requirements, and discussions with end users.
- Execute, validate, and document the performance of optical systems used for image processing, machine learning/vision, and pattern recognition applications.
- Work with the instrument and software development teams to provide perspective and guidance on launch readiness of new development, including assessment of potential risks and customer experience issues.
- Interface with customers to solicit feedback and communicate customer requirements to the instrument and software development teams.
- Other related tasks and duties as determined by the Company from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with software quality assurance
- Experience coding in C/C++ and Python in Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux O/S
- Familiarity with image processing, machine learning/vision, pattern recognition, and/or optical character recognition
- Understanding of optics, imaging, and software integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical challenges and concepts; ability to precisely document findings.
- Ability to work with cross-functional team members located in diverse locations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering, or bachelor’s degree in other STEM related field with 3+ years of relevant technical experience.
Travel required: Minimal
Relocation Package: None
TruTag is committed to a safe work environment. All candidates will be assessed for their experience with research laboratory operations and safety precautions. Successful candidates will be required to complete TruTag’s rigorous safety training program and demonstrate understanding of the material presented prior to engaging in manufacturing activities.
TruTag has an established environmental, health and safety program that meets or exceeds all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, and requirements to which TruTag subscribes, while executing our mission. Our operations are guided by a safety and environmental policy that strives to provide a workplace free of serious, recognized hazards and we comply with these standards issued by OSHA and EPA. Compliance with environmental, health, and safety standards is a key ingredient in the training and performance reviews of all personnel.
Local candidates only. Must be authorized to work in the United States.