Sr. Equipment Engineer / Equipment Engineering Manager
Title: Manufacturing Process Technician I/II
Location: Kapolei, HI
Shift: 1st (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
We are looking for a Sr. Equipment Engineer/Engineering Manager to lead the equipment engineering for our advanced silicon microtag manufacturing effort at our Oahu-based manufacturing facility. You will collaborate within a team of scientists and engineers on critical projects to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement solutions for process technology automation and scale up, transfer from lab to manufacturing and to optimize the performance of the manufacturing process tools.
- Design, develop, implement, and analyze of both internally designed and outsourced manufacturing equipment and systems and overall management of facilities maintenance.
- Manage the facility/equipment maintenance team to maintain overall operational efficiency and safety.
- Function as Engineering Manager for manufacturing equipment and facilities design, improvement, and maintenance.
- Function as the new equipment engineering lead for TruTag’s microtag production systems.
- Work with a team of process engineers and chemists in disciplined process engineering improvements by following a structured path.
- Oversee the conception, research and development of new equipment and procedures; take hands-on role in equipment design and acceptance as well as process development on new equipment.
- Participate in cGMP certification/validation of new/upgraded tools and processes.
- Coordinate process technology transfer from R&D to production using disciplined engineering practices to design, review and document the engineering effort.
- Develop manufacturing and operations processes for safety, product quality, cost efficiency, and overall company profitability, direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, and maintenance in industrial plants.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all changes & improvements are approved and documented (ECR, ECO).
- Review, approve, or modify product designs; Develop/review/approve Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs and equipment specifications.
- Design and implementation of automated, PLC-driven equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to scale up R&D and Pilot processes to a commercial manufacturing operation.
- Proven ability to initiate, conceptualize, design, commission, and startup process improvements to existing production operations.
- Proven abilities in using quality tools (SPC, Process Capability, DOE, etc.) to analyze, develop, and start-up manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce and provide a positive and motivational work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities.
- Experience preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentation.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Solidworks preferred.
Desired Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related technical field.
- 8+ years of relevant engineering work experience and a track record of success in increasingly complex and demanding roles or assignments
- Skills in manual, semi-automated and automated system design
- Experience designing/building/implementing manufacturing equipment
- Experience with small to mid-size, high-tech pilot manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing high-tech manufacturing processes and designing multiple generations of manufacturing equipment.
- Experience as a Process Engineer (1 to 5 years).
- Experience as a Project Manager (1 to 5 years).
- Experience with wet-process systems.
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor wet and thermal processes.
- Direct process engineering experience.
- Management experience in an engineering team.
- Familiarity with functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Experience with cGMP.
Travel required: None
Relocation Package: None