Sr. Manufacturing Software Development Engineer
Title: Sr. Manufacturing Software Development Engineer
Location: Kapolei, HI
Shift: 1st (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
We are looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Software Development Engineer to lead the effort to expand our Factory Information System and MES to meet our growing needs at our advanced silica microtag manufacturing effort at our Oahu-based manufacturing facility.
This role is focused on enhancing and expanding our current data collection and integration of multiple systems on the factory floor and develop a sustainable and scalable system for collecting and integrating all production data. This role will work very closely with the manufacturing team and business users to select, develop and support integration platforms, and focus on automating/integrating workflows, data modeling/reporting and analytics to improve manufacturing operations efficiency. Additionally, this role is to support sub-modules of other IT systems (i.e. FIS, ERP etc.) as backup IT admin, and help enable new technology solutions.
- Design/specify workflow/data integration architecture, prototypes, manage production roll-out using proven technologies and system integration methodologies.
- Develop new and improve existing database systems to collect, integrate and manage data from multiple data sources in the manufacturing environment.
- Develop software and systems to allow manufacturing equipment and subsystems (Factory Information System) to communicate to a centralized database system (e.g. MES).
- Analyze existing business data collection and flow processes to identify and specify data and/or system integration needs.
- Partner with Quality and Manufacturing stakeholders to build data insights and help them to achieve their business goals.
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards.
- Collect data from various IT systems and convert it into a single source of truth for all domains and functions.
- Build out, maintain, and enforce the data models and standardized naming conventions.
- Track and observe all data flows and data quality coming from across the source IT systems for business-critical reporting.
- Proven ability to initiate, conceptualize, design, commission, and startup system improvements to existing systems and workflows.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to scale up R&D and Pilot data system and processes to a commercial manufacturing operation.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thought needed to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce and provide a positive and motivational work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities.
- Experience preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentation.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering/database administrator work experience and a track record of success in increasingly complex and demanding roles or assignments.
- Experience designing/building/implementing cross-platform data integration.
- Experience developing effective and sustainable IT data system architecture integrating on-premises and Cloud resources.
- Experience as a Database Developer and/or DBA in a small to mid-size manufacturing environment
- Experience integrating Factory Information Systems (FIS) with MES and ERP systems for effective tracking of key production and business metrics.
- Management experience in an engineering team.
- Experience as a Project Manager.
- Familiarity with functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Experience with software validation requirements and execution.
- Experience with cGMP as it applies to data and system integrity and reliability.
- Experienced in integrating multiple data sources across a production floor into an integrated data system for process/equipment tracking and reporting.
- Seasoned in large-scale data warehousing architecture and data modeling for business-driven Data & Analytics.
- Proven skills in building high-quality end-to-end data solutions in an agile environment from requirements to production.
- Hands-on experience in Oracle and/or MS SQL DB and application-level integration, programming, and the ability to quickly diagnose and solve system integration problems.
- Hands-on experience in batch jobs and shell scripts for automation tasks.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operation systems.
Travel required: None
Relocation Package: None