Junior Hardware Systems Engineer/ Senior Engineering Technician
Background: TruTag Technologies has developed an award-winning family of hyperspectral imagers, originally designed to image the company’s microscopic programmable tags which can serve as covert “edible bar codes”. These imagers utilize state-of-the-art technologies and real-time embedded control and processing, and TruTag is the first to bring these technologies to mass production. We offer the opportunity to work alongside our world-class team to expand the reach of these new imagers into new fields, which stand to benefit from the unprecedented performance, miniaturization, and cost of these new cameras.
TruTag Technologies is seeking a Jr. Hardware System Engineer or Senior Engineering Technician to work in its instrument development team. You will build and test systems that support both the hyperspectral imaging and product authentication platforms. The successful candidate will have key skills needed to build, test and validate hyperspectral camera prototypes, assemble and operate optical test bench setups, support existing hyperspectral systems, The optimal candidate will also have experience with camera and instrument control.
- Assist senior engineers on hyperspectral camera system hardware development, , system validation, debug, and transfer to manufacturing
- Assembly of experimental setups, prototypes, and pilot production units
- Develop and document assembly and test procedures
- Support system level performance verification, and subsystem integration and validation
- Associates Degree in any Hardware related field of Engineering ( Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial etc.) with five or more years’ experience or Bachelor of Science in any Hardware related field of Engineering or related Physical Sciences discipline along with some relevant industrial experience.
- Experience in performing troubleshooting on complex instrumentation, including optical, electrical, mechanical, and software components
- Understanding of optical and imaging systems, electrical and mechanical design, and software integration
- Ability to read and work from mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Hands-on experience with building and operating imaging setups for test
- Trained in hardware system integration including electromechanical assembly, optics assembly and alignment, software installation, soldering, cable assembly, as well as experience generating and validating assembly and test procedures
- Experience scripting in Python or MATLAB is desirable
- Experience with multi-spectral and/or hyperspectral imaging systems is preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Expected to be hands on
This position is in our Emeryville, CA location and reports to Director of Engineering
Local candidates only. Must have work authorization.