Junior Hardware Systems Engineer/ Senior Engineering Technician
Hinalea Imaging, a division of TruTag Technologies, has developed an award-winning family of next-generation hyperspectral imagers. Originally designed to image the company’s invisible barcodes, the hyperspectral imagers can see wavelengths of light (color) not detectable by the human eye. Hinalea Imaging is a market-leading Hyperspectral Imaging business whose primary objective, among others, is to migrate manual lab-based testing and inspection services into automated field-based solutions. Utilizing state-of-the-art technologies such as real-time embedded control and processing, Hinalea is the first to bring this technology to mass production. We offer the opportunity to work alongside our world-class team as we expand the reach of our imagers into new fields. To learn more about the company, please
go to www.hinaleaimaging.com
Operating in a fast-growing market, Hinalea has experienced rapid revenue growth in its first years. United by the goal of driving change in our industry, we are seeking a hands-on doer to support the growth of the company. We operate in a dynamic and collaborative startup environment valuing friendliness, self-discipline, and taking pride in our work.
Hinalea Imaging is seeking a Jr. Hardware System Engineer or Senior Engineering Technician to work in its instrument development team. The successful candidate will have the key skills needed to build, test, and validate hyperspectral camera prototypes, support existing hyperspectral systems, and follow and create procedures. The optimal candidate will also have experience with camera and instrument control.
- Directly assist senior R&D engineers on hyperspectral camera system hardware development and debugging.
- Assist in hyperspectral imager system calibration, performance validation, and transfer to manufacturing.
- Assembly of experimental setups, prototypes, and pilot production units.
- Develop and document assembly and test procedures.
- Assist with inventory and shipment of units to partners and customers.
- Associates Degree in a Hardware related field of Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial
etc.) with 5+ years of experience or a Bachelor of Science in a Hardware related field of Engineering or related Physical Sciences discipline with relevant industrial experience.
- Familiarity with hardware system integration including electromechanical assembly, optics assembly and alignment, and software installation.
- Experience with hands-on lab work including soldering, building, operating, and testing camera/imaging setups
- Experience generating and validating assembly and test procedures.
- Ability to understand complex instrumentation including optical, electrical, mechanical, and software components
- Ability to read and work from mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and documentation.
- Experience with multi-spectral and/or hyperspectral imaging systems is preferred.
- Experience scripting in Python or MATLAB is desirable.
- Six Sigma Certification is desirable.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A ‘do whatever it takes’ mentality and is capable of delivering project deliverables on time.