Members will provide pharma/healthcare industry knowledge and strategic guidance
JANUARY 24, 2023, EMERYVILLE, CA – TruTag Technologies, Inc. is pleased to announce the formation of its new Smart Medicines Advisory Board. The Board comprises five experts in various fields, including pharmacology and pharmaceuticals, clinical strategy, patient-centered outcomes, and digital health innovation.
The evolution of smart medicines is occurring rapidly as a means of safeguarding patients, improving health outcomes, and securing supply chains. TruTag’s on-dose Smart Medicine digital solution incorporates safe, covert silica micro particles in pill coatings that can be optically read by mobile phones, enabling every pill to serve as a potential data point. Until now, there has not been an on-dose technology that uses the common mobile phone as the authenticator. The digital transition enabled by TruTag’s solution offers the potential to safeguard, engage and communicate with patients through personalized, digital interventions related to their oral medications that can shape behaviors and offer meaningful improvements to health outcomes.
“We are thrilled to have these subject matter experts join us in an advisory capacity as we bring our Smart Medicines technology to market,” says Jeannette Tighe, VP of Smart Medicines at TruTag. “Their collective thought leadership and expertise across the pharmaceutical ecosystem will provide valuable insight and direction as we expand our presence in the pharmaceutical market,” states Tighe.
SMART MEDICINES ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERSHIP
- Timothy Aungst, PharmD, is an Associate Professor at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Ebony Dashiell-Aje, Ph.D., is Executive Director and Head, Patient Centered Outcomes Science BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Graham B. Jones, Ph.D., is Head of Research and Innovation, at Connected Health Group Novartis AG.
- Jackie Kent is VP of Strategy and Special Projects, Society for Clinical Research Sites.
- Scooter Plowman, MD, MBA, MHSA, MSc , is Physician Lead – Clinical Strategy and Innovation at Verily Life Sciences.